PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WARNING! tour operators, scam email going around
Old 9th Jan 2009, 19:43
UkraineAdventures

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I played along and quoted him a price. This is the reply this scammer sent me.

Hi,

Greetings and thanks for your kind response, i would like to inform you that i have made some unconfirmed arrangement with a hotel/logistic agent that will book hotel and also handle our traveling arrangement including some other service that will be requested by my family during our stay in the state.

In that case, i will send you my credit card to make a total charge of
$14,700.00 for your service and that of the Agent, because i don't want to share the details with a third party,beside the agent runs a private Logistic Agency which does not allow him to have a credit card facilities to runs his full payment.

So once you are in receipt of credit card,you will charge the amount of ($14,700.00) then you deduct your service deposit $6,200.00 (for four days) and send the balance of (
$8,500.00) to the Agent whose information will be forwarded to you once charges are been made and found available in your account.

Am also aware there will be a charge for the extra $8,500.00 to be charged so will want you to deduct the figure from the total amount that will be charged from my credit card.

I want you to confirm this and get back to me with your Name, Mobile number and Address for my personal documentation.

PLEASE CONFIRM IF THIS ARRANGEMENT IS OK AND REPLY PROMPTLY TO ENABLE US PROCEED.

Thanks,
Dr Karl and Family
+4470359 43483