PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pprune should go
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2001, 01:37
LatviaCalling

Let's start it off this way. After reading this thread all the way through, I wanted to reaffirm that PPRuNe is a very good forum for people interested in aviation, whether they be pilots, managers, or have any connection with the industry. As long as they are serious in what they are posting.

I was also going to say that at times there are some left field comments that puzzle me. The postings are clicking one after another and suddely something like this appears: "F*ck you all." Has this person just returned from the tavern with a few too many pints? It does not make any sense to me, and why is this person even posting on this forum? And why is he/she allowed to continue to post?

On a not so agressive side, just a few posts ago on this same thread a person said of Bush: "That man is an embarrassment." That's his opinion and that's fine, but if you want to share it with everyone else, please back it up in that case. I don't think that posts should be made emotionally, unless you qualify them as your pure emotions, and nothing else.

Don't accuse anyone of being an "embarrassment", whether it is Bush, Blair, Arafat, Sharon, or Putin, unless you can back it up. There are many of us that say that the world sucks. But when printing that, you should also include the word "why?"

But getting back to the idea whether PPRuNe should go or stay, I have taken a peek at other, so called, competing aviation sites and they have left me completely cold.

I see that there are many new members on PPRuNe who are actively posting their opinions and thoughts. There is nothing wrong with that, only encouragement, but the only suggestion that I have for them is to "cool it" in their first few posts. Test the field before you come out and condemn the whole society on Post No. 1.

I read this forum for a year, then consulted Danny, before I joined and started posting. I think my first post was a well thought out joke on JetBlast.