PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is your preferred profile???
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2009, 09:48
ONESINGLESKY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
transilvana,

I really appreciate your reply, not only as a very constructive opinion but also very inteligent.

All descents are different? Really? Damn, and I've been thinking all my career that they were all identical. After all, what goes up, must come down...

As example, when I controlled KLM flights, they ALL (seldom exceptions) wanted an as late as possible descent. Other companies wanted earlier descents, for same city pair, and it wasn't only for a day, but everyday like that...

What I meant by my question is clear: to receive as much inputs as possible, concerning a subject that affects you all. I thought that by writting a post here, would allow to have a different perspective from the "end-user" (you) who is actually flying the plane.

I know they are all different, with many constraints, but what I meant to understand was what you crews prefer, just to have an idea of your views.

The study I am making is aiming at developing new procedures to help you ALL, and your passengers and companies.

Anyway, I respect your reply and wish you safe flights

PS - My best regards to you Flinstone! and a big thanks to all that participated so far. All comments are appreciated.