PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone know what happened?
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2002, 20:49
Steve76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

I was really concerned when I read this as a very good friend is heavily involved in filming in the Capetown area.

An immediate phonecall yesterday to accertain his health followed and I am pleased to say it was not him or his company involved.
However, he is now involved with a court case on this incident.

The long and the short is the company wanting the filming done approached him and he told them to take a running jump. They persisted and finally found another Capetown company to do the job. This was the result of the practice for the event.

The idea was to have a line connecting two machines so that a contestant could shimmy from one aircraft to the other.
The line was attached to the hook and ran under each aircrafts skid to the opposite helo. Can anyone see the problem here???

The LH machine took off into the hover and stabilised. The RH machine did the same but decided to traverse to the right and subsequently took up the slack, pulling over the LH machine. The resultant tension also did the same to his machine.

Thus ends the Boks submission for syncronised helicopters to be a demonstration sport at the Athens Olympics.

Last edited by Steve76; 12th Apr 2002 at 21:23.