PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pprune should go
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2001, 15:20
calltheball

fish

After years of reading Pprune without ever commenting -I feel now is the time. The usefulness of a site like this cannot be overstated. It has served me well, keeping me in touch with a wide range of opinions (some I agree with, others not) from a variety of pepole within the aviation world. Personally, I feel the site is as relevant to me now I'm employed in the industry as it ever was when I was training or desperately seeking my first job. At times the discussions become heated and an injection of humour doesn't hurt, but so long as the basic guidelines are followed (no libel, slander etc) the site can only be a positive platform for free speech. Yes, there will always be a minority who try to ruin it for others and yes there will always those who can't accept the views (again slander/libel aside) expressed here. However these people have a free choice. It is a simple one best expressed by clicking on the little cross in the top right hand corner of the screen...
This is a very wide ranging profession, employing people from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures, it should not be suprising therefore that such different views are expressed, and moreso they should be encouraged as MOST have something decent to contribute -with the moderators ensuring the small minority don't ruin the site.

Soapbox back under dustsheet.......