PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - This aircraft must be banned.
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2002, 18:04
stiknruda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm glad that you enjoyed it and you will probably understand why many of us are totally devoted to them!

I know that I will never be an able/adept enough pilot to fully explore the Pitts envelope but you can bet that I have fun in mine.

I've been exploring vertical rolls and torque rolls this week and have been falling out of them all ways up!

You are doing exactly the right thing by obtaining quality instruction. Once used to being inverted I found the inverted spin no big deal really but the cross-over spin is a wild and despite being ratcheted down quite a bruising ride so I don't intend to do many more of those! (I used to say that about inverted spins and flick-rolls, mind!)

The slow roll in the S1 seemed more difficult to keep axial than in the S2 but by applying more fwd stick in the inverted section I seem better able to hit the sweet points on the sacred circle.

Because things happen almost instantaneously and it does exactly what you tell it until you tell it something different, I have a little rule and that is that I never fly aeros in mine unless I am feeling 100%. ie, not tired, stressed or recovering from anything!

Keep having fun and you don't need to compare it to the Robin. They are both quite capable machines - just that one is a lot more fun than the other!

Stik