PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Resting techniques - advice pls!
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2009, 02:56
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
That was the point about Zolp...a two to three hour half-life. For a lot of people, getting started with sleep was all they needed. 'Sleep begets sleep.' as the old saying goes.

The controlled release pills were developed to cover the recidivist. Ambien CR was designed to zap you, then trickle the rest in over time. No way should you fly or drive after taking that multi-layer pill.

Last night I tried hard to follow my own hypothesis. Very hard, but I fought against the swirling morass.

It was once thought that the average person has ... I don't know, something like 14,000 thoughts a day, I think is was. How did they come up with that? The testing messing with the results. So Heisenburgish. My mind was in its typical turmoil, but I concentrated on keeping to the plot, and it worked quite well. I have the added problem of a radioactive prostate needing a 3 hour service in the bathroom, so can't really win, but I did manage to work the same trick 3 times.

While going back to bed, I gave some thought to my...erm, thoughts. The flush, would it wake the Rivetess? A computer problem. Would Sony pay for a new battery? The dog next door. The dimmer by my bed...I'd got in in a Curry's shop 25 years ago. Would it keep on working? Those are the ones I can remember. Personal things, probably 4 times that amount. Focusing in on a blissful fantasy is perhaps an acquired skill.