PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pprune should go
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2001, 02:49
Secret Squirrel

Angry

Do stop telling us all how we should behave. Christ Almighty, don't you people ever give it a rest. How many times have we all heard that 'as a body of professionals we should behave like this and we should not say that, blah bloody blah!'

We're not allowed to disagree with our American cousins; Keep it British; if you disagree, politely decline to say anything; we have to portray an image of self control. What a load of balls! Don't we all do enough on the flight deck sticking to rules?; hoodwinking passengers when we're late, or when the weather is likely to shake their teeth out on the galley floor?

I feel for your friend Choomi and I don't agree with that sort of persecution if it is specifically targetted, but that is, surely, an extreme case. However, I find it very rich for a Yank to tell us how we should behave here and that the type of rivalry that goes on here doesn't go on in America.

The big difference between Americans and the rest of the world is that we have a sense of humour and can take all this in our stride (with the odd unfortunate exception - no disrespect aimed at your friend Choomi). The Australians have even more of a sense of humour than we do but the Yanks just can't take it. Neither can they take it that we don't always agree with their antics and they hate to be criticised. Well, I have news for you America: Pilots are people with their own opinions and personalities; their professionalism is reflected in their work and their personalities in their free time; come to terms with it or log out!

------------------
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam up my clothes!