PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pprune should go
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2001, 02:47
lame

Arrow

Rabbit,

I have been in the Airline Industry all my working life (some 38 years), and I have been visiting PPRuNe for many many years, posting for several years (even longer than the profile indicates), but I am NOT a pilot.

There was a post a few years ago when I only used to read PPRuNe, not post, that I had information on and someone was after, so I contacted Danny to ask him if he would please post this info for me. He replied that I was most welcome to register and then reply to the post myself. When I queried that this was not possible as I was not a pilot, he said that this was no problem as long as I had an interest in Aviation and always posted within the "established guidelines". This I have always done.

I agree that there are some postings from time to time that I think are not worthy of being on PPRuNe, and if the majority of pilots, and Danny, wish it to be pilots only, I have no problem with that, but I assure you that banning all non pilots will NOT fix the problem. I can guarantee that it will not stop all the "stupid, uninformed or devisive comments" to use your words.

Best regards,

"lame"

(edited for grammar only, not content)

[This message has been edited by lame (edited 05 April 2001).]