PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NCL Ground Handling
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2009, 21:11
ReadyToGo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UPDATE (second hand, dont quote me on figures)

Gate is taking a fair few Ramp Agents, and FOH staff from Servisair. As well as a team of despatchers and training staff. They are also actively recruiting staff, some of which are ex-seasonal workers from Servisair. I imagine these guys will take over EZY operations from the start, and leave the Gate staff to deal with Eastern untill things settle down.

They are getting equipment daily, and it all looks to be in good condition. I am also told that the concerns aren't with the staff or infrastructure, (Servisair did a decent job with EZY) but more that there are concerns that new staff may not recieve their clearance in time. I guess a few guys at Gate are getting very nervous, their going to have all eyes on them when they take over (25th Jan? My memory let me down).

Its a HUGE gamble for Gate. If they get this right, they're going to be a major force at NCL, if they don't... they're going to look foolish. I wouldn't want to be a manager!

In the words of my friend (a former Servisair employee)... the guys on the ground arent fussed. Its still a plane, and its still to load and unload.

Good Luck, they are going to need it!