PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST (BHD) - 3
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2009, 20:23
BFS101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
True Blue,
Totally agree, but is that not the point of a free market economy. All companies can fight for their little piece of the market. Jet2 commenced the PRG and BCN routes from Belfast and now off both.

The thing that really gets my goat, is that Northern Ireland travellers seem to be happy to bucket and spade it in the traditional sun destinations. Malaga is daily with EZY and I think 5 week with EI. Alicante, Faro etc, all high frequency. Yet try establish a decent Greek summer programme, no, seems that most would rather lap up Spanish costa's or Canaries. Basically every other airport of similar size on the mainland has direct flights to Egypt, but not BFS. East Mid's is getting full winter Goa flights, Bristol and Glasgow I think are retaining Gambia winter flights, however BFS still in the Bally Ponsa mentality.

I know that sounds harsh, and I know not everybody is like that, but its annoying when you want to go somewhere a little different and have to travel through London.

Even our city break choices are dwindling with 3 out of 4 polish routes gone due to lack of demand it would seem, Budapest gone, Prague gone. Better pack my bags for Barcelona, again!!!