PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - nas
Thread: nas
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2009, 17:53
Fly Ginger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay.............

I will stick my head above the parapet for this one

Work. Depends on which contract you are on (there are four!). Mix of loco and Kayala within KSA and to a number of well known middle east destinations. Flying is good on the whole. Transport isn't.

Living. Hotels. Will probably change daily, depending on who the company hasn't upset that particular day by not paying the bill. Some of us are now in compounds - though the company has now upset us by not paying our housing allowance. I think there are a few people who have their families with them, so it is workable , i just don't know how that works, sorry.

Training. On the bus - JATS in Amman, on the jungle jet it's Saudia in Jeddah. Everyone has there own opinion. Amman is a nice place to visit, hotel has some good resturants and bars.

Pay. F/O's. I only know my contract (which clearly states i am not allowed to give out false information about the company), so i am a little shy to publish what might turn out to be utter drivel.

Look, i'll be blunt........it's not the best place in the world and it's not the worst in the world either. The pay is good for the time off, but i'm away from home for weeks at a time that the wife isn't keen on (not a word, other ginger). It's got management issues, power struggles and other ridiculous nuances - find me a company that hasn't. I have met some great people along the way( not you, sunset!!), laughed occasionally and got to see some places i didn't think i would. Not bad really.

6/10. Could do better.

More Guiness sir.............Oh, dont mind if i do!!

Now then then now then now then............now. Fly Ginger

Who on earth would listen to my opinion anyway

Last edited by Fly Ginger; 7th Jan 2009 at 18:08.