PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One for pilots and PAX - turbulence
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2009, 16:58
aviatordom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The worst bit of turbulence that i've experienced was back in May 2007 on a BA 744, whilst travelling from LHR to JFK

The flight had been uneventful until we starting flying over the tip of Canada. We experienced a couple of bumps here 'n there, but a few minutes later the turbulence was much stronger and your stomach "dropped" a couple of times. This carried on for a good 30/45 minutes.

Wasn't very scary for those who know that turbulence hardly bothers the aircraft (i.e me). but there were a good few passengers in our cabin section that did not like what was going on what so ever.

===

The first time i've been properly scared about turbulence was in January 2007 when i was flying from FNC to LTN on a TOM 752.

As i hadn't been flying for ages, i developed a very minor "fear"

Before we tookoff, i was hoping that we wouldn't fly through any turbulence, and thankfully we did until we was on approach at Luton.

During this period, the turbulence was pretty rough and i just had visions of the aircraft plunging thousands of feet and into the ground below, obviusly i was being ridiculoud and we didn't!