PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOA funding of UK retirement age appeal
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2009, 10:45
Loopdeloop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think it's a great idea for the AOA to fund the appeal as it sets a precedent that may come back to haunt them, but I voted for this committee and I'm happy they're doing a good job. They discussed the matter long and hard and I don't see any reason for a separate vote on the subject. The appeal will be heard whether the AOA pay for it or not so the only argument is over the money and it would be a shame to divide our membership further over "just the money"

Raven
1. Who decides which F/Os "deserve" to be paid BPP?
2. I disagree that the Capt needs always to be paid more than the rest of the crew - Talk to any of the guys who were young Herc/VC10/Tri* captains in the RAF and you'll find that they were frequently the lowest paid members of a 3 or 4 man crew but it had no bearing on the operation. Here at CX, we have a poorly executed seniority system, and with the demise of the FACA we have European pax F/Os flying with London based freighter captains. Usually this results in the Captain being both the more junior and lowest paid crew member (Apologies for going off topic Liam!)