PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOA funding of UK retirement age appeal
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2009, 10:28
Dragon69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spare a thought for him won't you!
Why is there no life after Cathay?? Is he being sent to the guillotine?? No thanks would rather spare a thought to the poor civilians being killed in Gaza. Keep it in perspective!

Educate us all by giving us your reasoned arguments as to why your colleagues, I mean teammates, approaching 55 should face unemployment to satisfy you?
Been a Captain for a while, just because I don't share your views about extension doesn't make me a junior crew. Regardless of whether there is a legal obligation to change to 65, I believe it is morally and ethically wrong for a 15-20 years captain to extend at the detriment to our junior crews simply because he thinks it is his god given right to extend beyond his CoS. As someone pointed out, I don't recall anyone making a fuss about retirement age 10 years ago, but now that the carrot is being dangled in front of us, all sorts of poor excuses are being drummed up to justify the cause.

You stated that as one approaches retirement then their views on extension will change. If so, in order to convince us please give an insight as to why a long serving Captain like yourself would want to extend. Is it purely financial?? lack of hobbies?? lack of family/friends?? What is the real motive behind wanting to extend, it is an honest question requiring an honest answer.