PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pprune should go
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2001, 14:05
upgrade

Post Pprune should go

I've come to the sad conclusion that pprune has been let down by the majority of its contributors.It now only exists to demonstrate what a disparate bunch of malcontents we all are.I see no evidence whatsoever of a pilot community that we all imagined we were a part of.I just see dissension and endless bickering.And its being beamed out all over cyberspace which does our reputation as professionals absolutely no good at all.
God only knows what the travelling public must think of us...the juvenile remarks,the unabashed anti-American sentiment(check out the latest on the Chinese spy plane posting),the "I'm alright Jack" brigade..
its ugly and getting uglier by the day.
The pilot community is alive and well this side of the Atlantic.It seems to be in a sorry state of affairs on your shores.The sort of behavior described in the recent BA 747DEP posting,if its true,would just NOT happen over here.I can't imagine being part of an airline where junior and senior pilots eye each other suspiciously or flight deck and flight attendants are at war with each other.What an unpleasant mess if its true...
PPrune should be a place for serious(and sometimes not so serious)debate but its become a place to hang out the dirty linen...for everyone to see.