PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - throttling up on the taxi way.
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2009, 20:28
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guy's,

I fly very regularly, klm gold card, flybe, ryan air, easyjet and more, this was not your normal roling take off, even with a roller the engines are run up, stabilised and then pushed to around 85% for take off. This was spool up on the taxiway before turning.

I have carried out plenty of rolling take offs at EGBJ, i'm trying to beat the weather and the flu to get my ppl finished (currency+test required)

Rolling a 737 onto the runway and then throttling up without stopping is no problem, this was bloody quick.

From a couple of trips in a sim at Gatwick, the pilots i have operated with alway's look for engines stable at 20% then push upto 85% for take off, this was way past 20% before turning onto the runway.

One thing, it was a Ryanair flight that was tight on time but what's their SOP for take off ?
So another highly experienced 'expert' passenger who has done a little flying has an issue about how his airline crew flew him. Yes, the view from 21J is very good, and the pilots didn't appear to be handling his flight like wot they do on the video! And the usual loudmouths leap to the defence of a troll! Not a nervous passenger at all! A troublemaking troll who knows more about it than the pilots! You can judge 'rushed flying' from 21J? Very good.

Dear oh dear!

Nicky, give up the 'expert' opinion on the professionals' flying techniques, hold fire on the sim sessions and enrol in apostrophe school instead!