PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific....
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2002, 11:38
KIFIS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dallas dude;

I have no axe to grind, I`m out of it now and just look on as an interested bystander who has spent many many happy years in HONGKONG. I just cant understand why those that followed me want to mess up what is perhaps one of the best flying jobs in the world. Good routes, good night stops, good allowances, good aircraft, good maintenance, good promotion, good medical, good dental, good education allowance, good annual leave, good base swoping, good retirement benifits and above all GOOD salary. The later brings about privelge, servants , nice cars, yachts ,the best of wine etc etc and so the list goes on. To have all this all one has to do is fly the routes as expected, bring the aeroplane back to base , park it and go home.
Civilian pilots in CHINA get none of this and in my mind the gap is
too wide . I also find it very interesting to see that 411a is just about right in every thing he has had to say about all this where as the easily led seem to have got it all wrong. In any case I think the entire problem can be sumarised in a couple of words; greed and lack of common sense.

KIFIS