PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOA funding of UK retirement age appeal
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2009, 14:17
raven11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Liam:

Reread my paragraph regarding political correct court rulings, and if you still feel age 55 will be upheld...well, your only wishful thinking. On the other hand, if you’re so sure the appeal will be thrown out, then you’ve got nothing to worry about funding it.

You're wrong about the judges too. Many work into their seventies. As do doctors, lawyers, and most professions....for as long as they can do the job. As far as pilots go, ICAO says 65 is OK.

Did you not read the part of my post where I acknowledged that I had changed my mind about age 55? What about the part that mentioned that so have the vast majority of my colleagues? And the part about me predicting that you will too, did you notice that?

I know what my contract said when I signed it...that was my point to fenwicksgirl. Although I was happy with my contract when I joined, so was he as a B scaler. If after the fact one realizes there was a flaw in their employment contract, or a clause or two that could stand improvement, then one hopes to negotiate a change to that contract. Employment contracts aren't cast in stone. That's what we're all debating here isn't it? Improving our employment contract. Or are you suggesting we should never negotiate any change to our contract? Doesn't everyone feel they should be entitled to a pay raise every decade or so? Or are we bound to our original contract?

I am at a loss to understand your point about second officer BPP. I know I'm having a hard time getting over myself, but what are you suggesting? I thought I stated several times that I agreed with BPP, for those who deserve it. What are you trying to insinuate?

You didn't question my points regarding "majority rules". Should we in Hong Kong vote ourselves a pay raise?

Once again I repeat, bypass pay should go to those who deserve it, and we should all have the option to work beyond 55.