PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multiple Unrelated systems failures during simulator training
Old 5th Jan 2009, 23:16
wotthe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Couldn't agree more yodawg.

From my experience people who prescribe to the practise of that described by allaru are actually terrified when they walk in and use those tactics as an exercise in competing with the checky in order to get 'one up' and have him use all of his wiley ways to cover off the matrix requirements and complete the session in the required time. I believe it's their way of dealing with their own 'perceived' inadequacies.

When I come up against these individuals I generally allow them to run out of time and have to come back and do it all over again.
Don't for one minute think that the genuine checky (as opposed to the hatchet weilder) enjoys these tactics.

There is no greater pleasure than seeing a crew perform well, enjoying the experience and hopefully learning something from it. It also makes your job so much easier.

No checky enjoys a difficult session, especially when you know the individuals being trained/checked are going to do it tough from the outset. (you generally know this from previous sessions)