PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multiple Unrelated systems failures during simulator training
Old 5th Jan 2009, 20:43
waren9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yo Dowg

I agree with most of what you say, if not how you've said it.

When you hear of young fellas new to type actually getting laughed at by checkers in their first company sims you know its gone too far.

Besides checking, these senior guys have a big responsibility (call it CRM or whatever) to set the tone for these new guys to the company, teach them something and mould them into a useful crew member for out on the line. Not to pull them apart, make them feel like a loser and destroy any semblence of self confidence these guys might have had.

Four hours of willy waving by the checker is no fun for anyone, let alone a criminal waste of the best pilot training and CRM resource the company will ever have. Unfortunately, there seems to be quite a bit of it in this country.

Personally, I prefer not to learn by rote the company sim sessions. It will fill your head with mindsets about what may not happen anyway. Do your best to know the books and your plane (I'm not the best bookworm), jump in and do it best as you can on the day. After all, we dont go to work knowing whats gonna fail that day, do we?