PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lan Peru Interview
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2009, 19:57
FlyingOW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nut,

FlyV is correct, hiring is frozen ufn, it would seem at least until mid year or thereabouts. KIAD starts in June apparently and this should jumpstart recruitment again. I believe that with your hours you would stand a good chance of getting hired, assuming you pass all phases of the selection process. You could improve your odds considerably if you were to apply as a Peruvian and with the corresponding DGAC tickets.

Conversion is really easy, and can be done in a couple of days while in Lima. (Medical, CPL & ATPL Theory and quite a few 100 soles later should get you fully licensed!) One word of caution: the DGAC will want evidence of your total time for your new Peruvian logbook. So you need to bring a letter from the flight school/ chief pilot/ airline that clearly states your hours flown and have this legalised/certified. Otherwise they might only consider the hours logged during training (those are signed by your CFI), and recognise much less TT on the first page of your new logbook!

I brought 2 binders worth of copies of receipts issued by the flight school I instructed at for over a year, and got fulll recognition of all my flight time!

Saludos,

OW