PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC Optometry Department Closed
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2009, 15:40
starbright

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the details Sentry Agitator, most helpful. Will give them a call.

One more for Mr C Winecup...Dental for all, yes great system walk across the other side of the base get seen by a dentist. Non-aircrew opticial care, walk into your local Specsavers, say max 20 mile round trip, pay less and get the same treatment. Aircrew optical care (in my case) 800 mile round trip to Birmingham, pay more and get the same treatment. Being based in Scotland has lots of advantages and this aint one! Personally I would prefer your option but the RAF won't allow it! What is your problem? I believe the intial thread by Sentry Agitator was information based and not a mump. The system shut down without telling anyone what was happening leaving alot of people unable to carry out their job. It wasn't run by aircrew for aircrew and also non-aircrew in Lincolnshire used the Service. It just wasn't practical for anyone else in the RAF to use it over there local opticians, you didn't miss much. DRY YOUR EYES PRINCESS AND THINK YOURSELF LUCKY!

The Real Slim Shady, I completely agree! I would much prefer to go to my local Specsavers (2 miles away) just like Mr C Winecup but some overpaid goon else where obviously knows better!