PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS - Are You Happy?
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2009, 14:33
beaver liquor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have plenty of things to be happy about. I think we are paid reasonably well, not overpaid but commensurate with a profession.

If you are operational there is still the opportunity to come in, work, unplug and go home and not be terribly bothered by management.

Where folks sometimes get hot under the collar is when they start looking at other peoples jobs - something I have never understood is this fascination with what someone else gets paid, or what they do to earn their money!

Yep, when I go to CTC there are lots of people about, some of them - shock horror - drinking a Starbucks! I dont know what they all do. But if you stroll into Swanwick coffee lounge, guess what - there are lots of people about drinking skinny lattes. I know I'd be pretty hacked off if people started questioning what we were about, so I can see some of the CTC folks' feeling of being bashed about.

Do I feel as happy as a year ago? No. Because I have a horrible feeling I wont have the pension to retire on that I have been planning for. And I feel that management probably feel they they have the upper hand over us in the current pay negotiations.

But compared to what I am seeing and reading about every day, as another company goes to the wall and more people are made redundant... some folks on here need a reality check.