PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cold weather altimetry & seasonal changes to minimum altitudes
Old 5th Jan 2009, 14:18
ALATOWER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about the USSR I posted a question on a similar thread on Tech Log, so will not repeat it all here:

What about pressure correction, is 1042, at Sea Level, and -22c.

Are there two corrections, and I assume the Russians will not bother to correct these numbers.?

….I thinks you are wrong about RU and the post SU space.
Published SAs at the charts along SID/STAR here are not estimated with Standard atmosphere data. They are corrected with the average annual temperature and minimum pressure of several years' standing at APP sectors at the local aerodrome. SAs at RADAR sector and MSA at the aerodrome area within R50km for safety reasons corrected with minimum temperature on long-term observations.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Doc 8168OPS/611 Chapter 4 ALTIMETER CORRECTIONS
Note.— This chapter deals with altimeter corrections for pressure, temperature and, where appropriate, wind and
terrain effects. The pilot is responsible for these corrections, except when under radar vectoring. In that case, the radar
controller issues clearances such that the prescribed obstacle clearance will exist at all times, taking the cold
temperature correction into account.

…may be I am not understood something?