PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multiple Unrelated systems failures during simulator training
Old 5th Jan 2009, 12:45
allaru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
training with capital T

Sounds like your checkys just that, a checky. Total waste of sim time, and its unfortunate that in this day and age that training departments still attract those sort of knobs.

Its the same old bull **** where ever you go, we as pilots are our worst own enemy, I can't think of any industry where SOME of our own TRY and screw us over on a regular basis.

There are some bloody good trainers out there, who really enjoy what they do, and are good at it, unfortunately every training department has its fair share of idiots, wanting to prove something.

"now this is checking with a small C, and training with a big T, oh but it is still a check....blah blah blah."

"Are there any questions" .."No I think you just about covered everything" THOUGHT BUBBLE ("yes I have heaps of questions but if I ask you'll mark me down on knowledge so I won't ask")

"Now I have a few questions for you"... THOUGHT BUBBLE ("Ok as long as I can ask you some questions that I know the answers to as well")

"now thats it would you like to look at anything else....ah NO not really...... THOUGHT BUBBLE- (id rather f@#k off to the pub cause I've learnt absolutely nothing as usual and I've already had it up to here with your bull****, you've waisted my time and the companies money, see u again in 6 months. Besides which I don't want to risk f$#king something up, cause it is a CHECK after all.)

Best course of action in the mission impossible style sim scenario is to take your time, extended briefings, slow taxi, enter holding patterns, by then the inexperienced sim instructor starts to run out of time, starts cutting corners, has his attention diverted and usually f#$ks something up. The experienced sim instructor will work his way around it, but at least you buy your self some extra time, there are very few situations which require you to land like NOW.

Hope this helps...