PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS - Are You Happy?
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2009, 11:57
anotherthing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll second Gonzo's post.

Having NATS as a second career, I can appreciate the fact that it is a very good company to work for.

However, although I am happy overall, I honestly believe that the company has become more divided over the past few years...

The move of TC down to Swanwick has done nothing to enhance relations, altohugh it makes good business sense being together.

Swanwick being near CTC has caused more ructions because operational staff visit CTC fairly regularly and come away with the perception that it is overbourne with staff.

Throw in Banding (I think that units should be paid at different levels, but believe the banding we have at the moment is unfair to some units); the recent pensions, the growth of management posts, the continued employment of people who have failed in projects etc, and you get quite a bit of material for people to be unhappy with.

Potless - in reference to your point 2 - Mr Barron inferred that any unhappiness within NATS staff was caused by the UK economic situation and not to do with what is happening to NATS!

I do think NATS is a good company to work for, but it is slowly being eroded... we as a workforce need to try to pull together to make sure that Ts & Cs etc are not degraded even more...