PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RPT Radio Calls into CTAF - Jet* Today at Ballina
Old 5th Jan 2009, 11:56
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Interesting how this debate is still going after several pages. It's obvious by the amount if interest that there is a problem or at the very least some concern about safety whilst arriving at a CTAF both under the VFR & the IFR. So far the best way around this that I can see is to be a little smarter when you fly into an unknown airport with all it's associated approach avenues. By that I mean employ that saying........"chance favours the prepared mind", be prepared.........Obviously arriving at a famil AD will usually mean you are aware of such IFR inbound routes but many basic VFR drivers get about on an irregular basis & so they should too, it's a free country & we can fly pretty much anywhere within, just that being a free country doesn't mean we (as in both VFR & IFR) can be complacent & hope the 'other' guy will stay out of yr way.

I see/hear some pretty professional VFR pvt pilots when I am out & about & some not so professional professionals too.

Wmk2