PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC Optometry Department Closed
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2009, 08:55
Sentry Agitator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The new system

Folks

This is as I found prior to the break. I'm still trying to get sorted so it may not be the definitive solution.

The dept at Cranwell has closed as stated and all those on record there will have all of their details transferred to Selly Oak in due course. I do not know how long it will take for this to be completed; however, my details had not been transferred prior to the break. As I'm not due a follow up appointment until Mar there was obviously no hurry?

You can still order your prescription through Selly Oak as long as they have your details. If they don't, then you have to be referred to them by the SMO. This is because they have to start a new file on you if they don't have your details and historical record of the checks previously done by Penny and Chetna at Cranwell.

The tele no for the opticians secretary at Selly is 0121 627 1627 extn 53112 but the opticians secretary (Tracy) is on leave until Tuesday 6th. She has been really helpful in offering advise on how to get things sorted so far.

Just in case you need to adjust any appointments made in the future the direct dial for patient admin is 0121 627 8946.

You now have as much as I do. Good luck one and all and stay safe.

Happy New Year by the way

SA