PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Widerøe opptak
Thread: Widerøe opptak
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2009, 08:19
Crossunder

Aviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zissou:

There is very little you can do do prepare yourself for aptitude tests. Either you have what they're looking for, or you don't. The only way to "cheat" would be to get a hold of the actual tests, and memorise these... in which case you'd probably end up having some weird results - especially on the personality test. Since they are IQ- and personality tests - you have no way of "improving".

Here's what you CAN do:

Show up at the tests. Work methodically - skip the Qs you don't crack straight away, and do all the easy ones first. Improves you total score, since you will be pressed for time. Be thorough. Be honest - answer truthfully. This is where you can prepare yourself. You KNOW you will have to answer Qs like; Why Widerøe, why should we hire you, will you have to commute, which bases do we have, which aircraft do we operate, how long will you work for us, ever had any accidents, ever been in danger, are you suicidal (must answer yes, in order to operate at WFs cat C airports )... You must have thought it through, and seem genuinely interested, motivated and prepared. A brush-up on mental math is also a hot tip.

I'm sure you'll find lots of information on the www about aptitude test. You will almost certainly hear a lot from the "experts", who have taken these tests a couple of times before (hint-hint..?). Most of it is bull**** (so why should you listen to me? ). Only Jim Morrison (well, he looks like him, and is the WF psychologist) knows what they're looking for. Don't try to bull**** him. He has years of experience sifting for WF pilots - you don't

Either you fit the profile, or you don't. If you do not, they'll kick you out. You would then be better off without the WF job, as you would not have fitted in and most likey would never have liked it there. Win-win situation.

Either way - good luck. It's a really good company to work for. Pays well, lots of time off and otherwise excellent T & Cs
I'm sure guttn and the other Wienerbrötchen can fill you in on the details.