PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester Airport - Then & Now
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2009, 07:52
learjet50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi

Thanks for your reply

Mad Harry (phillip Billington) not a spotter but would always be around

Burma Bess Big Girl again not a spotter but she had some phycoligical problem again came on the Bus from Chorlton and was always there

Do you Remember Michael Ewens(Bonehead) Big Lad and spotter had a Bubble Car ???

Martin Driver ?? Strange Bloke

Terry Priest at one time he was Chairman of the Aviation Society that formed at the Airport

Who was the un-kemp little fellow who used to paint Plastic Aircraft Kits by hand in different Airline Coulor Schemes

Dave Lomax (The Bullocks Coach Driver) ??

Dave Hams ?? worked for KLM in Cargo I think he is still at the Airport working in the Cargo Centre somewhere.

Macca McClean I think he is still with Selwyns driving on the Airport

And not forgetting Sargeant Harry Walton(Every spotters Nightmare

Still see as I said Geoff Ball on occasions (Now retired) He still keeps in touch with a few of the Old Lads from those days

I Started worked at Northern Exec in 1972 and was made redundant last year after 35 years when Ocean Sky took over.

All the Original staff except about 2 which worked before the takeover have been made redundant or got rid of,The Russians brought there own people in to organise what was a perfectly good Organisation and as expected did not do a Good Job.
There are some very good people at Ocean Sky however there are not

Those were the good old days when you could vertually go anywhere apart from the Concourse when Harry Walton was on duty

Fond memories

Let me know if you remember any more blasts from the past

Regards