PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ayla Aaa Jordan
Thread: Ayla Aaa Jordan
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2009, 21:37
Striker54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One more point Mr. Atallah, if you train captains and not just pilots you should work on the side with CARC to allow the spins in the whole of Jordan. It's a really terrible way to die in.

Think of it this way, a guy goes to Dubai and rents a Cessna 172 and starts fiddling around with it, goes into an inverted spin and dies. People start talking, the Cessna recovers by itself how did this guy die, another man pops up and says well he studied in Ayla and they don't train on spins and as I have heard that the CARC doesn't allow spins.

How do you expect to graduate a fully capable pilot while he can't recover from a spin, Thankfully some instructors feel guilty and actually show us how to recover from spins because they do not wish to have this person flying around with them signing on their recommendation and dieing over a small tiny maneuver.

Forward Slip is banned now? haha! That's hilarious, I sort of know who came up with this idea as one of the instructor's that I flew with told me that SHE doesn't like to do this manuever because she thought it was dangerous and I NEVER did it with her!! Fortunately, I learnt it from another instructor and I actually used it once when I was on final or I would have collided with another plane in sight.

Flying is not about pitch up and pitch down, it's about controlling it when it enters into an unusual attitude.