PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2009, 21:34
lijmes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@SG Aviator

Yeah, no reply from SIA as yet. The FASTEST they'll take is 4 weeks from the time of medical to offering you the contract. ST medical will take 1 week for your blood/urine test results to be out & approved by ST-med's docs, another week for submission to CAA for approval, another 2 weeks for SIA to retrieve and HR to tabulate your overall scores before inviting you on as part of the cadet pilot course.

Hey, you guys (nardnegoy & SG_Av) update me if you hear anything. Since our med was on 14 Dec, we can expect news from 14 Jan onwards. As for med results, u can call ST-Med and ask by 1st Jan (which is now).

Well, i distinctly remembered that HR woman at the 2nd interview who kept stressing that even upon clearing your medical, you still are not hired by the company and thus, also told us NOT TO QUIT OUR JOBS or make any plans around the cadet pilot offer. In other words, they did give sufficient warning... at least for my interview group.

There are various reasons as to why you may be called up or not. For some, it may be because of medical reason like post-lasik (requires a 6-mth stabilisation period), to slight hypertension which requires extended monitoring, etc. Once they deem you fit, u get CAA approval, then SIA will begin to consider you.

As for those who've cleared med, I believe HR hires a group of 12-18 candidates according to this point system that tabulates each individual's total score from 1st interview, psychometric test, short essay, 2nd interview, medical etc from a whole pool of potential candidates from past weeks/months. Every company will naturally want to hire the best of the lot. Hence if your score (ie position) falls just below the cut-off score for that particular course, you will be KIV-ed for the next course and all you can do is hope not many surpass your scores & you fall within the course quota.

It can also be because of the present economic climate that causes them to reduce/increase the number of cadets from year to year. An SFC friend of mine mentioned the latest course (143 i think) has only 12 cadets, rather few for a course. So you can see where this is going. Good news is that SIA ain't slowing on their deliveries for their A330s, A340s, A380s & 787s, which means they're prolly gonna require flight-ready pilots in 2 years... esp for the A340s and 787s.

All said, I'm scared s***less of them not offering me the contract.

All the best for the rest of you and Happy New 2009. A new year, new dreams, new hope!