PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2009, 13:52
eu01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by frnikolai
I highly doubt that Ryanair are going bankrupt anytime soon. From where I am from, Poland - Some people would run the length of the runway naked for a cheap ticket, when LOT charge the world for a fare to London, and Ryanair charge £50!!! Every Ryanair flight to/from Poland was FULL.
Nikolai! Ryanair are NOT going bankrupt anytime soon. However, the speed of their expansion will be dwarfed by the current economic situation and, in my opinion, they will have to pay for the one-sideness of the firm's marketing policy. People from Poland would run naked? Some of them, perhaps. But they are mostly poor people representing the working class (UK-PL routes). The carrier should try to address much broader spectrum of potential customers, to see some progress. Btw., even the Polish routes will suffer from the current economic downtrend.

Originally Posted by Stall-Warner
Their cost base and associated £cost/pax mile is the lowest in the Industry - MOL will ride out this storm.

If I was managing an airline right now, I'd sleep much better being a director in Ryanair than I would if I held the same position in WW or EZ.
True. Nevertheless the LF's and especially yields simply MUST be better. And again, the planes are coming.