PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Compulsory helmets/flight suits: merged threads
Old 4th Jan 2009, 11:27
helimutt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That may be fine for HM forces K77, do you know the cost of a helmet, made to measure, and the cost of those flight suits they wear? Now to find one to fit so many different sized heads and bodies etc, Not really economical. An ill fitting helmet is probably going to more problems than not wearing one at all I would guess. In the offshore industry, they don't supply us with them and even then, we only get one cheapo flight suit supplied to us. Bit of a joke really.
I rang a company to have a decent quality made-to-measure flight suit made up for me. Over £300 and my employer won't pay for it.

It's easy to say 'here, everyone have helmets and suits." Not so easy to have them paid for.

You'd be better off taking the £1500 or whatever it'll cost for the outfit to be made up and pay for a years insurance cover for flying without it. Bet you still get change from £500.

As for your safety being paramount? Call me cynical but maybe the lawsuit was where they were thinking.