PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 4
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2009, 11:03
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Teesside, or DTV as they now choose to call themselves are in a much better geographic position than NCL
I just love these subjective statements that sound good but really say absolutely nothing. 'Geography' more than drawing a circle of whatever radius and counting the population therein & in reality DTV through inferior road & rail access actually is in a worse geographic position. Even in overcoming these issues there are other factors such as attitudes to overcome. Any real chance of challenging NCL was dead well before the arrival of EZY primarily due to bad management getting just about everything wrong. As has been stated then the mail operating from NCL vs DTV appears a case in point. I totally condone N707ZS point regards any snowfall which if it does occour then I'm sure DTV will achieve nothing other than support the mails continued operations from NCL.
As for the summer program then I don't feel that the tour operators have felt the full impact of ongoing collapse of sterling on bookings, and perhaps there is more carnage to come if the stregnth of the new year bookings falls way down on forecasts. All makes for a difficult background to forecast growth at any UK airport including the twenty six that are currently ranked above DTV!