PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ohio State/Exec Jet OR ComAir/Jacksonville U.?
Old 11th Apr 2002, 21:53
regional guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spudskier,

Well, I went to Comair Aviation Academy back in -99. At the time it was a pretty good school. As you probably know it is very large and fairly expensive. The training is very good, it is pretty much streamlined towards the airline, and most of the instructors are great. Management could be better, and do not believe everything they tell you!!!!!!! At times they do get very 'creative'. Weather in Florida is great, so you can finish your training very fast and start instructing. If you are american, or have a green-card, you get an interview with the airline after you have instructed for a while. The minimums for instructors from the Academy used to be lower than people applying to Comair Airlines from the 'outside'. The fleet used to be pretty old, but well maintained, I did hear something about them getting new airplanes last year though.... But things might have changed since I was there, try the North-American forum and the Instructor forum, there is probably someone with more recent info than me....