PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which watch do you wear?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2009, 21:10
Windy Pants

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why is there so much inverted snobbery about watches on this post, it's only a watch!

If you like to have a inexpensive watch, great!, if you like an expensive watch, great!

Admittedly if you're purchasing a watch on the basis it makes you better than someone else, yes, that's a bit sad. If someone like that buys a fancy watch on the basis of improving their status then they’re a bit sad regardless whether they've got a nice watch on or not!

I own a few Breitlings (if a commercial pilot can’t wear a Breitling without being judged then who can?!) and a few everyday watches and wear them accordingly, I appreciate beautiful, hand-crafted watches, but I didn't purchase them to make people think differently of me, I just like to own a few nice things; hopefully if someone talks to me they'll find that out for themselves before assuming I'm a tw@t with a small penis because of the watch I'm wearing.

Anyone who makes an snap assumption about someone based upon the watch they are wearing says more about them then the wearer of the watch.

It's just a watch guys, even a person wearing a Casio can turn out to be a knob!