PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment V
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2009, 20:44
wish_2_fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Medicals officially SUCK

Hey Everyone,

I havent wrote on here for a while either!! Dont really have much to say apart from trying to get the medicals done in 2 weeks over new year and Christmas is a nightmare.

Im not sure if its just in England (you guys can advise me) but things arent as simple as going to the doctor. In England local doctors refuse to give HIV test (unless an emergency) as they dont like it on their records. Not in a bad way....its just if they have it on their records you have to declare if for life insurance, mortgages etc. Also they do audiograms but no graph for the results!!......So you look for a private clinic to go for things such as the X-ray but you cant just pay for an x-ray.....oh no no no....that would be too easy.....You have to pay for a consultation also!! So for my x-ray I will have to pay round about £400.....then I have to do the same for my audiogram!!

Also as well ladies (guys dont read this next paragraph if you dont wanna read about "women's problems"!!!) for your cervical smear.....In England they will not give you a smear if you are under 25 years old without serious symptoms. This is why poor people like Jade Goody dont discover these things until they are serious....so unfortunately I wont be able to have one which is a shame because I would of like to be totally covered by Emirates for all medical...you know for piece of mind.

On a funnier note I did take my Dad with me to the GUM clinic (for all of you who dont know what that is.....its a clinic for anyone with sexual transmitted infections and things of that nature...mostly full of spotty teenagers all glaring each other). He sat in the waiting room while I had my HIV test (it was the only place that would do it!!). It was really funny I had this guy for my test and it was quite obvious that he was gay because he danced about with the syringe and insisted i take about 50 condoms "just in case"......even though I said there was no need!!! So i left the cubicle (a little paler) to find my Dad (even more pale than me) wanting to run out of the clinic...some young guy had been telling him that his girlfriend had given him the Christmas gift of Chlamydia. Needless to say I think my Dad had his eyes opened to the youth of today!! Anyone just thought I would share this because it was very funny.

Anyway I have got appointments all next week for my medical stuff and hopefully I will be able to send it all off on Saturday....then its the waiting game all over again. I have cut down on smoking, run for 20 mins everyday and take multivitamins......I thought I would have to do something as I am not a very healthy person...I run on red bull usually!!

Dubai_Bound - What are you up to now then? Have you done your medicals yet?

ChinoA - Like I said before you have nothing to lose....so I would call on the 9th and say you havent received an email at all.....you never know it might encourage them to look at your file again. You will keep applying right, if the worst comes to the worst?

xxx