PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ohio State/Exec Jet OR ComAir/Jacksonville U.?
Old 11th Apr 2002, 18:02
spudskier

Red face Ohio State/Exec Jet OR ComAir/Jacksonville U.?

I'm an aviation student, working on my Private.

Right now I'm at Ohio State University. They have a decent program knowledgable staff, etc... they also have a great partnership with ExecutiveJet. HOWEVER their instructors are way overworked, their fleet is very aged. They only have 9 cessna 152s yes, 152s, two 172s, one 172RG, and one dutchess. On any given day between 2 and 5 of the C-152s are down for maintenance which is all you're allowed to fly if you're working on your private. Obviously besides the crappy weather Ohio has there are more than just 9 students wanting a plane at any given time. While scheduling is fair, it doesn't work.

I am thinking about transferring to ComAir Flight Academy in Florida. I've heard good and bad things about them. They have a partnership with Jacksonville University so I can still get the Bachelor degree I want as well as the license and ratings. Obviously they have a partnership with ComAir/Delta. and they guarentee and interview with ComAir whatever that's worth.

Just need some advice. What have people heard about both schools, how good is ComAir Academy? Good reputation? Should I just stay where I am and be patient and maybe get my private sometime this decade assuming there's a plane available and theres a decent day?