PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Colour Blind
Thread: Colour Blind
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2002, 17:50
blackknight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hiya Guys, i might be able to shed a little bit of inspiration for all those people who are told they are colour blind, when according to JAA they are not.

When i was 17 I applied for a flying scholarship with the RAF, Passed all the interviews etc,then got told i had failed, on the grounds that i was colour blind, I was totally distraught and took it at face value. Having never needed an eye test before i decided to go for one a few years later and see if they had got it wrong, and guess what, they had, according to the doctor who examined me I have perfect colour perception, no problems.

So a few years down the track I think maybe i should try and get a commercial pilots medical just to see if i can actually pursue my dream, so i toddle off to gatwick and do the initial medical, and apparently struggle on the ishihara plates, however the optician then tells me that a lot of people do and i can take another test recognised by JAA to confirm it, so i ake the holmes-Wright lantern test and pass with flying colours.

So with my class 1 in hand, i am about to embark on a full time ATPL course in Spain next week

Moral of the story: if you fail one of the tests, always try another to be certain

BK