PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 28 Day rule for UK airstrips under threat
Old 11th Apr 2002, 16:26
poetpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 28 Day rule for UK airstrips under threat

Having just looked at the Action For Airfields site,

http://www.airfields.org.uk/

I see that the deadline for making views known to the Govt on its review of lnd & planning is 24th April 2002

This review may place several small airstrips at risk.

Therefore, I strongly urge all GA pilots (and anyone else for that matter) to (a) look at the action for airfields site and (b) if you agree with their sentiments write a letter similar to this........
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the attention of Mr Iain Clark
Development Control Policy Division
Department of Transport, Local Government and the Regions
Zone 4/J3, Eland House
Bressenden Place
London SW1E 5DU

11 April 2002
Dear Iain

With regard to Central Government’s review of the entire planning system, and in particular, future policy on temporary land use ("the 28 day planning rule"), I would like to make my views known to you.

In answer to the following questions in your review, my answers are noted below:

Question 17 asks: "Which option for temporary use provision do you most favour. Would you prefer an alternative option not set out in the paper?"

My view = Option 1 – No Change

Question 18 asks: "Why do you prefer your chosen option?"

My view - As a recreational pilot, I support the continuance of the numerous small airstrips that exist in the UK. Indeed, with development and legislation placing more and more restriction on General Aviation (GA), I would say that the continuance of private airstrips is essential to maintain GA in the UK.

It is apparent that the review has been driven by concerns about car boot sales and temporary markets, motor sports such as stock car racing, and clay pigeon shooting. Unfortunately, GA will be caught up in any changes.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks if you do, all you aviators....

Last edited by poetpilot; 12th Apr 2002 at 08:26.