PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Year cancelled.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2009, 15:01
surely not

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Now Mr. Wannabe I think you have scored one big own goal in yr last post.

I wonder if you would have celebrated NYE if this was in the USA/UK or in your nick of the wood???, your all absolutly disgusting and as for those that are condoning what the Genocide of the Palestinian
Many of us remember watching the street parties being held as the tragedy that was the Twin Towers was concluding. They weren't a pre organised bash to celebrate a new year, they were parties specifically to celebrate 1,000's of deaths.

So please do not try to put moral blackmail on me for having enjoyed a night out with my wife to celebrate the start of a New Year and to wish for calm and understanding of peoples differences everywhere.

Trawl back through my posts and you wll see I used to often speak out against the policies of the Israeli Govt towards Palestinians. Strangely my utterings were every bit as effective as the cancellation of the New Year celebrations...................as in they had no effect whatsoever on the situation.

I hope that eventually the situation will be resolved, but it doesn't seem to be on the cards any time soon. Too many bitter memories on both sides, and intollerance levels that are not abating with time seem to be the problem as much as anything else.