PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2009, 13:12
SG_Aviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Hi Avesh,

I don't think it is fair to slam the entire country just because a few people have strong opinions about your statements. I am Singaporean and I sympathize with your pain, anger and disappointment "caused" by SIA. However, please understand that SIA is an airline that is a profit orientated organization. First and foremost, they have to look after their shareholders interest, needs and concerns.

Only then do the rest of us pawns, if lucky, get some attention and maybe some "love". Just like Kingfisher, BA, Delta and any other successful airline, the balance sheet MUST be looked after before the people. There is nothing wrong with that and that's just how things are with running an airline at this point in time, with the bad economy and all the other mitigating factors.If fact, that's how things have always been.

I had to stop working, forsake my small startup business because I too was hoping that I could pursue my dreams to fly with SIA. It was my fault that I didn't plan well and falsely believed that SIA will call me up in a few months to start my cadet pilot training, and guess what? It's almost coming to 11 months now and I have yet to sign the contract (there are a few factors that has caused so much delay but it is out of the context of this post/thread to discuss). In fact I am still waiting for my medical results.

In that 11mths I have gone through financial hardships, family issues, lost my advance placing (direct to 3rd year) in college for my degree, almost burnt my business to the ground and allowed my relationship with the people who cared about me to go stale and even sour. All because I too believed that SIA "promised" something. However, the truth is...

THEY DIDN'T promise anything. PERIOD!

We only have ourselves to blame and you know what?

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD!

Grow up and concentrate on the next step to achieve yours dreams. Stop wasting time sowing discord.

Just my 0.0002 cents I wished to share with you.

Cheers!

Last edited by SG_Aviator; 4th Jan 2009 at 11:26.