PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Books ?
Thread: Books ?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2009, 13:04
windneckin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Encounter,

If you want to know a bit more about air traffic control in the UK, I would suggest the following books:

- "Air Traffic Control" by Graham Duke (Ian Allan Publishing). There are a few editions, the last one being the 9th (September 2005). Good book about ATC in the UK that could also help during the selection process (but you can get through the selection process no problem without it).

- "Air Band Radio Handbook" by David J. Smith (Haynes Publishing). Last edition 8th (January 2005). Some people might say that it is a better read than Duke's book.

There is another book called "International Air Band Radio Handbook" by David J. Smith as well. The last edition is quite old (around 1995 I think) and you will find most of its content in "Air Band Radio Handbook". The interesting thing about the international version is the short description of ATC services in most of the countries in the world (although the information might be a bit dated).

Hope this helps.

Edit: apologies for posting info about Graham Duke's book, I just saw previous post.

Last edited by windneckin; 2nd Jan 2009 at 14:07. Reason: some info already posted