PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA recruitment
Thread: BA recruitment
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2002, 15:14
Hand Solo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Never had a cheese board jet II, but did see one once and I certainly wouldn't spend my money on it! We are well aware that a lot of people are being shafted at BA at the moment, it's all part of managements grand 'pain sharing' exercise. However, very few people have been shafted so consistently over recent years, delivering so much more for the company yet receiving so little recognition for it. Over recent years BA pilots have increased productivity by a large, double-digit percentage. There are few, if any, other areas in BA that have matched this, yet the company actively seeks flight crew as its first target in any cost saving round. In longhaul so many crew are now in danger of exceeding the 900hrs/year limit that the company has approached the CAA for an alleviation to the rules, falsely claiming that we support it.

A few of managers thanks us in our departmental newletter for our hardwork, commitment and professionalism, yet each week they demand further concessions and the company newspaper carries a thinly-veiled attack on pilots in its letters page. This morning I received a mailshot from a very senior manager explaining that a certain low cost carrier was outperforming us because they paid their pilots less (which is untrue), a clear implication that once again its all our fault and not the fault of the tens of thousands of middle managers and executives that are notably absent in a low cost airline. This is the kind of company that BA is today. If you think it sounds good, then by all means try your luck and apply. If you prefer to work for a company which values you as a memeber of staff and doesn't seek to stir up resentment against you, then go elsewehere.