PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why American Aviation is so Remarkable
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2009, 01:54
MartinCh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unbelievable!
Maybe flame retardant suits and helmets should be compulsary after all!
Yes, nomex etc clothing wouldn't hurt. I had similar long sleeve top (and thick trousers until it got way too hot) during my R22 flying last summer.
I did receive some laughs from others (even those who HAVE TO instruct in Nomex flightsuits) I'll get nomex gloves later on, once I'm better on stick and gloves won't impede my learning.

This story isn't about their clothing.
He's such absolutely reckless irresponsible tit it's hard to describe that person properly. Even more so taking another person onboard.

Many of us have seen that 0h TT proud 'teach yourself' owner of Schweizer 300 on youtube. Ehm.
What's amazing amongst all that 'helped' this accident to happen (it couldn't happen any other way, except severity of injuries),
is that the guy was already fixed wing pilot. (ehm, mate, just unpack it as lego, slot it in, put some gas and don't worry about that extra stick on the left, just yank it to get afloat. Jarred pedal or pineaple jar behind pedals?? C'mon. Jar instead of brain.)

I hope FAA or any other CAA would never allow him to pilot anything.
edit: yeah, also locking him up for a while for breaking law etc is appropriate, too.

Last edited by MartinCh; 2nd Jan 2009 at 02:05.