PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Falklands Crash Sites
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2009, 23:51
Edmund Spencer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jualbo
I wrote an account of the combat earlier in this thread.
A more recent communication with Hector Sanchez would indicate that he never was in a position to fire at Dave Morgan or myself.
As I wrote previously, initially, I had no visual contact with either Dave Morgan or any of the A4's. I pulled out of my dive at about 100 feet above the sea doing about 610 knots on the attack heading Dave had called. Shortly afterwards I saw Dave fire his two sidewinders in quick succession about a mile or so ahead of me. I saw both these hits and thereby got visual with Dave. He then closed the third A4 and opened up with his entire magazine from both 30mm Aden cannons. This enabled me to get visual on the A4 he was firing at and, when he pulled up and clear, it was this A4 I locked with one of my sidewinders and fired at. There is absolutely no doubt about this!
I never saw Hector but from recent conversations with Dave we gather he was ahead and to the right of both of us. I have to say he is probably extremely fortunate I didn't see him as I would have been in a good firing position to shoot at him as well!
ES