PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Falklands Crash Sites
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2009, 22:38
jualbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very fast: About Coventry´s Sea dart, they were fired at two different Learjet flights, missing in both cases. I have to look for the info but think it was a solitary Learjet in the first flight a nd two in the second. Coventry fired one missile on each aircraft, missing (one very close by the way). Coventry was placed around Stanley I think. Skyhawks were believed to crash in the air due to horrible bad weather: three other argentineans strike flights (looking for Coventry) had to abort due to poor visibility. Also in the day Coventry downed a Puma. I believe must be a video from Sea Wolf TV camera on HMS Brilliant (the Coventry´s company that day in the missile trap).

Navaleye about 1 May Invincible position, could place the one she had when Canberra flights aproached?

Edmund I´ll post the exact time of taking off and landing of that flights. Be patient. The exact time over the island must be suposed in the half of taking off and landing. But remember that Ward confused drop tanks with missiles also that day. Anyway there is no other testimony of the combat except for Martin and Tony. Although i still i´m trying to look for the Pucaras pilots on land (Goose Green) who wittnessed it.

Fortin flight pursued a Sea Harriers CAP that was following one of Torno Daggers. This plane had fuel transfer problems after his strike on british ships and had to go up to save and arrive home. Then a Sea Harrier CAP, probably guided by air controller began to pursuit him. All this was seen by the Malvinas radar who directed Fortin CAP to follow Sea Harriers CAP. It seemed like a race. A solitary Dagger (Torno) followed by 2 Sea Harriers and those followed by 2 Daggers (Fortin).All finally broke and everybody went home.

Regards from Spain

PS: Edmund I have to ask you about your combat on 8 june and Dave Morgan´s book. According to him, Héctor Sánchez, the argentienean survivor, had him in sight and could fire at you. In a BBC radio program, Héctor talked about having see both of you making a turn to avoid you. But also afirm to see the splashes around his plane, so he must be the pilot fired by Morgan, while you probably found your prey (Bolzan) by a sort of chance, cause he wásn´t the pilot fired by Dave, although had to be flying in a paralel course to Sánchez´s one. What do you think?