PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The ADF buys another Lemon
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2009, 21:45
slow n low

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gee, you mean those RAAF "brylcreem boys" might have had a point way back when when they said it wasn't sensible to leave multiple Hueys, (which required considerably more manpower, spares, POL and God only knows what else than a Sioux) right up on FEBA with everyone living rough "like real men" in a shellscrape?
Hey Wiley, I do think the RAAF guys make some good points about Aviation logistics, after all they are the subject matter experts. I believe the Army was pretty successfull in treading the line between servicibilty/safety and op flexibility with Kiowa. They operate from the up near the FEBA as long as they had to and would shoot back to a FOB to get maint done if they had to. The RAEME guys are a clever bunch and could do most things with a tarp a tool roll and some heavy lifting. There are heaps of photo's/old Army pilots around to back that up. (yes this is all in peacetime conditions) I understand the Huey lads live in "basic" conditions for months in the Solomans as well. The fact is the airframes were basic enough to live out for up to a month or so. Plus the ground guys have you and the machine right there ready to go

Wasn't there a headshed bloke who got a job with the manufacturer just after MRH-90 was signed for?
DBTW, yep wouldn't be surprised, gota be honest I would likely take a job as well if were offered. Having said that, Army still have some very clever folks up top in aviation. (much more betera than me) I assume you mean it was an Avo guy?

Chronic Snoozer, you hit the nail on the head there. Plus the bad publicity with BH would no doubt influence things in the Govt's mind I suspect.